Diagnosing the leakage
Leaking taps is one of the most common problems in the house. However, the good news is quite easy to fix. When the leaking issue happens, the problem usually is that the pipe is under the pressure. The seal on the tap must be tight when it is in the ‘off’ position. This may prevent the water leak from continuing to flow. The easiest way to prevent leaking taps is to buy a new washer which is a little round piece of rubber. If washer is damaged, the outcome will be a leaking tap.
If you suspect that you have water leaks, you can check for some common sources of leaks around your home.
- Check the hot water system’s expansion valves
- Check all the taps and toilets to identify water leaks
- Turn off hoses and irrigation pipes if they are always connected to garden taps
- Check your irrigation pipes that are always connected to garden taps.
- Check your taps to be sure that they are not leaking. If you hear sounds of leaking water, you must repair it
- Take a small piece of toilet paper and put it at the back of the toilet bowl
- Check that it stays dry until the next flush. Toilet tank should not release any water between flushes.
- Look for different green patches of grass in your garden. This can mean you have leaking water issues.
Call our friendly plumbers
If you diagnose any leakage in your home, it is better to call a plumber. If you have any concerns about the toilet problems in your home and need any support from us, don’t hesitate contact our experienced plumbers on 02 9186 3782. We open 24 hours 7 days a week and will support you at any time. We also provide other plumbing services:
- Blocked drains
- Blocked toilet
- Burst pipe repairs
- Damage Drains
- Gas Fitting & Gas Repair
- Gas Leaks
- Kitchen tap repairs & installations
- Home renovation plumbers
- Leak detection
- Leaking tap repairs
- Residential plumbing
- Storm water tank
- Sewer repair
- Toilet repair & replacement
- Pipe relining
- Emergency Plumbing
- Hot water repair
- Hot water installation
- Gas hot water
- Solar hot water